Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Honor Flight

As I was riding in to work earlier this week...listening to the radio, I realized I would be driving right by the location of a remote radio broadcast, and Honor Flight was there, raising funds to take World War II Veterans to see the World War II Memorial.  Needless to say, I had to stop and check this organization out.  I had heard commercials about what they were doing, and it's a good thing...in fact...it's a great thing !!
I thought about my Dad who is no longer with us, and I thought about all the times he would share with us the stories of World War II.  Those men and women are one of the reasons this country is the amazing place it is today.  Of course we donated what we could, and made a great connection with the person "manning" the efforts, and now, I'm proud to say, we will be providing lunch for the group that will be leaving out of Tucson in September...it is one small way we can help - but another small way for everyone to help is to go out to the Baskin Robbins listed below on July 29th from 4:00-10:00, for they will be doing a fundraiser for this group.

Baskin-Robbins · 741-1926 - 1655 W Valencia Rd Ste 101 

Baskin-Robbins · 327-6451 - 2648 E Speedway Blvd 

Baskin-Robbins · 882-7711 - 904 E University Blvd 

Baskin-Robbins · 298-3110 - 7856 E Wrightstown Rd

Baskin-Robbins - Camio Seco and Broadway-Southeast side

Ice Cream and a fundraiser for a group that so deserves to be Honored !!

Also, there will be another fund raiser & live remote (104.1) at Chick Fil-A @ El Con ( Chick-fil-A at El Con - http://www.cfaelcon.com/ 3605 East Broadway Boulevard, Tucson - (520) 321-4232) on Friday July 30th from 6:00 till 10:00 am.  If you stop by tell Barb & Jon that  M.J. and Bill said Hi !!

My Dad: Peter Paul Wickins
Love ya...Miss you..
Watch over all those guys on the Honor Flight Dad !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment